Thursday, March 3, 2016

Purging and Organizing

On Saturday I decided it was time to do some serious purging.  I had been thinking about it for awhile and just finally was in the right frame of mind to actually do it.  I started with my closet and got rid of a ton of clothes.  Over the last few years doing therapy and such I have been feeling like I understand myself so much more than I ever have.  One of the things I now know more about myself is my style, so I cleaned out a lot of clothes and kept only the clothes that make me feel more like me.

After my closet I moved to our storage room.  I cleaned up some piles of things that were getting put in there without actual spots to put them (everything has a home and these items need a home).  Then I focused specifically on my Shelf Reliance rolling food storage shelves.  I've been wanting to work on it for quite awhile.  I had been testing different food storage companies and settled on Thrive Life (you can check it out at renaemcbarron.thrivelife.com).  I chose what items I wanted in #10 cans to go on the big shelves and what I wanted to get in the pantry size to go on the smaller shelves.  It really does help to have a plan.

I know that I'm a little crazy when it comes to organizing, it just makes me happy and energizes me, but I have to say I was so tired and sore by the time I was done!  But I feel really good about it.  I feel like I'm leaving some old stuff behind me and moving forward in many ways.  I have a few more things on my list of things to get rid of which I will load up in my car this week and haul away and I couldn't be more excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!