Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Just Sit With The Lord

I was reading the article Be At Peace by Elder D. Todd Christofferson and how he talked about just sitting with the Lord just made me feel really good, I just love this concept.  Here is what he said:

During the interview the host asked a perceptive, inspired question of Bishop Tutu: “Have you found that your relationship to God has changed as you’ve grown older?”

Bishop Tutu paused and then said, “Yes. I am learning to shut up more in the presence of God.”

He recalled that when he prayed in his earlier years, he did so with a list of requests and solicitudes. He would approach heaven with what he called “a kind of shopping list.” But now, he said, “I think [I am] trying to grow in just being there. Like when you sit in front of a fire in winter, you are just there in front of the fire, and you don’t have to be smart or anything. The fire warms you.”

I think that is a lovely metaphor--just sit with the Lord and let Him warm you like a fire in winter. You don’t have to be perfect or the greatest person who ever graced the earth or the best of anything to be with Him.

I think I will definitely use this thought when I say my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!