Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Key Is To Keep Moving

I just loved this article, Navigating the Currents of Life By Mindy Anne Selu, especially this part:

If you find yourself among those who feel trapped ..., remember that you don’t have to be doing something extraordinary to have an extraordinary life, but you do have to be doing something.

The key is to keep moving. Elder Keith K. Hilbig, an emeritus member of the Seventy, said: “The path to eternal life is not on a plateau. Rather, it is an incline, ever onward and upward.” In order to move forward in life ... we need to take a step toward improving ourselves. Complacency is surprisingly powerful, though, especially when the ins and outs of daily life can seem all-consuming. Elder John H. Vandenberg (1904–92) of the Seventy commented, “The sad part of humanity seems to be the utter lack of desire, in the lives of many, to really do something about enlarging the vistas of their existence.” That lack of desire doesn’t have to be the sad part of your existence, though. Overcoming complacency and finding the motivation to progress are the first steps to improving the course of your life.

I've always loved lazy rivers, but in life you can't really live your life like a lazy river.  You aren't moving casually forward, life is forwards, backwards and sometimes it feels like it is upside down.  Whichever direction you find yourself going, it is your desire to make your life more than what it is that will improve your life.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I stumbled on this page, well I think more I was lead here because this is exactly the words I needed to help me through this day, through this time in life. I also loved "BREATHE" I will follow you in trying to use this in my life daily. Thank you...Mahalo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!