Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Unshaken Faith

Last year we had a speaker in a Relief Society Meeting bring a picture of Jesus walking on the water with Peter walking toward him after leaving the safety of the boat and that speaker really made me look at this story in so many different ways.  Recently I was reading an article in the 2013 March Ensign and author Ricardo Reyes Villalta shared what seeing that picture meant to him in a moment when he was doubting his ability to pay his tithing and his bills which I just loved and wanted to share.  This is what he said:     
 
Heading home from work one afternoon after getting paid, I thought of all my debts. I closed my eyes and prayed, “Father, what am I going to do?” At that moment I opened my eyes and noticed on the ceiling of the bus a poster of Peter sinking into a stormy sea with the Savior reaching out to rescue him. At the bottom of the poster were the words “Unshaken Faith.” I realized I needed to pay my tithing if I ever wanted to pay off my debts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!