Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I Am Love

I went with my soon-to-be daughter-in-law for her first time to the LDS Temple.  The matron of the temple spent some time with the ladies going through for their first time that day and one of the things that she said I really liked.  She said, "The temple is love, the love our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for us is here."  When I have gone in the past to the temple I could feel great peace, but I hadn't thought about the love there, not just heavenly love, but the love that all the volunteers there have to be there on their own time, the love that you have for those you are there with and so on.

I have been thinking about love a lot since hearing on The Biggest Loser the thought that we are either coming from a place of love or a place of fear.  I have been re-reading The Power by Rhonda Byrne and the whole book is about love and learning how to love yourself.  As many of you know I have been working on losing weight so this particular line caught my attention:

If you want to lose weight, then give love by imagining and feeling yourself with the body you love, instead of imagining and feeling that you're overweight every single day. . . .  [G]ive love for what you want to be by imagining and feeling whatever it is you would love to be.

When you use loving words towards yourself you can't help but love yourself, your life will be about love regardless of your weight, what you do, etc.  Your life will be about love and, like the temple matron said about the temple, you will be able to say, "I am love."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!