Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Your Ideal Day

I was talking to a friend not too long ago about her days.  She has growing children who don't quite need her as much as they used to and was feeling lost and unsure.  I told her about an idea that I had heard many years ago and still use to this day, it is called Your Ideal Day.  To create your "ideal day" all you need to do is think about how your day would go if it went just exactly how you wanted it to.  What time would you get up, what time would you do your chores, pick-up kids, etc.  Plan out your day with a time attached to each item.  Keep in mind this is an "ideal day" not your actual day.

Once you have your "ideal day" plotted out, use it only as a reference.  For some people this may frustrate them more than give them direction, but you have to see it for what it is, an idea.  This is to give you direction when you are feeling lost and not sure what to do.  I know when I was really struggling with my depression I literally couldn't think of what I needed to do next and that was where the ideal day really came into play for me.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.  If it only frustrates you, then toss the idea.  If it helps you stay focused, just keep using it and adjusting it if and when you need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!