Thursday, September 25, 2014

Love Yourself And Let Your Fears Go


I love watching The Biggest Loser and this year they have several new trainers.  One of them I remember seeing on the show Ruby.  The other one is comepletly new to me, but I really love her philosophy.  She said that you are either coming from a place of love or a place of fear.  This comment really hit close to home with me because a friend and I had been talking about that very thing.  My therapist says it as coming from a place of love or a place of lack.  But it all means the same thing.  If you don't have love for yourself, your fears can take over your life.

I have seen this happen in my own life, it wasn't until I started having more love for myself that I started taking better care of myself.  Just like the contestants in the show I have had to learn how to love myself and I also need to lose weight.  I'm definitely not doing it very fast and I struggle a lot, but as of today I have lost 20 lbs. and my friend has lost 30 lbs. so we are obviously on the right track.

To let your fears go, you need to discover what they are, bring them out in the open and face them.  For me it was talking with my therapist and others to try and get to the root of what they really were.  Once I understood the fears I could realize the falsehood of them.  When I felt my fears creeping up I would remind myself that was the old way of thinking and the new way was and I would replace the old fear statement.  Letting the fears helped me to have more love for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!