Thursday, September 4, 2014

Inner Self Helper

I have written a lot about listening to our body, today I want to write about listening to our "inner self helper."  In the book A New Earth by Eckart Tolle he says that at one point he said to himself, "I can no longer live with myself," and then wondered who was "I" and who was "myself."  It was this question that lead him on a road to great discoveries and wellness.

I have noticed at times I will says to myself, "something in me says . . ." or "something in me is telling me to . . ." and I have realized that that "something" is my spirit or as I like to call it, my Heavenly Self.

I don't remember where I got this quote (MPD refers to Multiple Personality Disorder), but I think it is wonderful:

The theory that normals can be MPD-like has many interesting applications in self-development and psychology, but it can also help us understand our spiritual selves. . . .  Ralph Allison coined the term "inner self helper" . . . to apply to the one personality he observed that not only knew all the other aspects, but was also aware of events that none of the other personalities could possibly know. . . .  I believe that the key to successful psychospiritual therapy and/or feeling good is to train yourself to come from the highest possible "observer" - the subpersonality that's most closely associated with the divine, or the higher self.

I really believe that the mind, body and spirit all talk to us and that when we listen to all aspects of ourselves we will find balance and peace.  I find the mind is always talking, but don't forget to also listen to your and your spirit, or inner self helper, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!