Tuesday, July 15, 2014

One Sick Puppy

Let me just start by saying that I am not a dog person, so when my daughter begged for a dog, I really wasn't thrilled about that thought.  We eventually did get her a dog, Wednesday, who is a rescue dog from Taiwan in early 2008.  Not being a dog person, I was surprised by my reactions to her.  I talk to her and I play games with her but I can't seem to bring myself to pet her (some OCD thing which my family loves to tease me about). 

It was recently while I was at my convention for my stamping and scrapbooking business that I realized I have a bigger connection to Wednesday that I thought I did.  Wednesday has been sick for many weeks and getting sicker and sicker.  During my convention my family told me how she had continued to get worse.  That night I had a dream about her and how sick she was.  When I woke up, I had to acknowledge that I have a connection with this dog, have grown quite fond of her and was very worried.

It has been many visits to the vet and lots of tests, but we finally have an answer as to what is wrong with her.  She has an autoimmune disease and it is called Pemphigus Foliaceus where her body is attacking her follicles.  We are all so relieved to have an answer and to see her slowly getting better.  She has lost a lot of her fur, but at least the sores all over her body are going away.  She will be on medication the rest of her life, but that is okay with us.  It is so nice to see her moving her ears and wagging her tail again.  Even her annoying barking is pleasant to hear again as she spent many weeks just laying on her bed.

It is so hard to see those you care about suffering, even the furry ones, so happy this has a happy ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!