Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A New Dream

One of the things that my therapist was helping me with was facing my children leaving home.  All my life all I had ever wanted to be was a mom at home and there I was facing them graduating from high school and heading off to college and their own lives.  My therapist told me that I needed a new dream.  At first I wasn't sure what I wanted and I wasn't sure I wanted to let go of my old dream (even though I knew I had no choice), but as I explored my life, my likes and what brings me joy it became obvious to me that my Close To My Heart business, that I had been a part of for 19 years, was my new dream.  When I create I feel so much better, it brings me so much joy when I teach my classes and I love working in my studio.  So I started spending every day in my studio and realized how happy it makes me.  Now as my children are getting married (one in October the other in November) I'm grateful that I do have a new dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!