Monday, April 21, 2014

Listen To Your Body, Then Use Your Head

After being physically down for the past two months with several illnesses, I was amazed last Monday to get up feeling fabulous.  I was going to get things done, and I did.  I cleaned like I hadn't been able to clean in months, then I went to the mall with my daughter then Costco and the grocery store.  When we got home I mowed the front and the backyard and spread moss killer because it was going to be raining the rest of the week so it had to get done that day.  I came inside, took a shower and then it hit me like a ton of bricks, I had over done it and I was starting to feel it.

It was Tuesday that was the worst because I couldn't function all day.  I couldn't move well and I couldn't think clearly.  Wednesday was a little better, but not much.  Thursday I could at least think clearly again and do a few things around the house.  It took me almost a week to recover from that one crazy day.

The lesson I learned from this experience is that I need to listen to my body, but I also need to use my head as I decide what I can do each day.  I learned that just because I feel great doesn't mean I should use every ounce of energy I have while I am feeling great.  I have no guarantees that I will feel just as amazing the next day and so on.  I can't deny that it didn't feel awesome to get that much done again, but the price I paid was too high.  I will listen to my body, then I will use my head to make better decisions about what I can and cannot do each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!