Tuesday, March 4, 2014

New Favorite Organization App - 30/30

Last week I was looking over my husband's shoulder as he was working with a new app.  As I watched I became increasingly interested in the app and I asked him what it was.  It is an app called 30/30 and I just love it.  I'm one of those crazy people that love organization things and this app is exactly that, it helps you organize and stay on time with your tasks.  I had been trying to do this with a task app and a timer app, but 30/30 puts it all together for you.

If you have ever heard of a Power Hour, then this app will make even more sense to you.  In a Power Hour you give 100% of your focus for just that hour on certain categories, or just one category if you prefer.  So for my stamping business I like to focus 15 minutes each to four different categories (business, customer care, creating and my team).  In the 30/30 app I can create this so that it will start with the first category and when the time runs out a little alarm goes off letting me know it is time to go to the next category and so on until the list is done.

It also has features where you can add time on the spot if you feel like you need to, or even delete time.  You can also pause it or even say that you are done with that category and it will go on to the next one.  I love also how you can be in a different app and the timer will keep going and even have the alarm play.

I created a list for my morning chores as well with 15 minutes in a few different areas.  I have a tendency to get stuck on one project for a long time, but this lets me do a little in each area so that each room gets touched a little each day.  I'm really have a fun time creating lists and refining them so they work perfectly for me.  I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants help staying on task!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's an awesome thing. I'm so easily distracted that every project seems to take forever because I start one thing and then wander off to do something else, and then something else, and something else, until I've run out of time and multiple projects end up only half done. Maybe I need more 30 minute chunks in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!