Wednesday, February 5, 2014

No Matter What, I Can Still Look Up

I've been working on a project the last several weeks taking all my old sets of scriptures and transferring all my notes and highlighting into just one set (yes, I had quite a few sets, my childhood set, my seminary set, a post seminary set and then a set I got a few years ago which was all one book including all of the Bible, Book of Mormon, D&C and Pearl of Great Price).  I had been wondering what to do with all of my scriptures and some of them were quite literally falling apart so I did some research and came across something that said that we believe that it is the words that are sacred not necessarily the paper the words are printed on.  That confirmed what I had been feeling that I wanted everything all in one place and that it was okay to recycle the falling apart sets once I had everything transferred.

It has been a really neat project seeing what I had highlighted and what was important to me in different stages in my life.  I just finished the project, but one of the last markings I transferred just really spoke to me and I wanted to share it.  It is 2 Corinthians 4:8-9:

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down but not destroyed.

It just made me feel so hopeful and that no matter what is going on in my life I can still look up to my Heavenly Father and know that He is still there for me, that all is not lost, that there is always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!