Monday, March 4, 2013

A New Purpose

I have been really struggling with what to write in this blog lately (as clearly evidenced by the lack of posts the last few weeks) and didn't know what to do about it. A few days ago I decided to research the general topic of blogging. I read through some great articles on blog planning, content and more. As I was reading through all these various articles one topic kept popping up which was asking what your blog's purpose is. It was then that I realized why I have been struggling, my blog purpose had changed and I hadn't even realized it. When I first started this blog I had been going to therapy for several years and my purpose was to post what I was learning in therapy. Well, here I am a few years later and I am no longer in therapy, at least for now, never say never, right! Anyway, I realized that I have changed a lot and therefore my blog needed to change as well.

I took a lot of notes in my research and I have done a lot of thinking and praying as to what new purpose my blog needed to have.  I came up with three things that I would like to accomplish via this blog and the first one is to Reduce Stress and writing helps me reduce my stress.  It shocks my family how much I like to write as none of them do, but for me it helps me clear out my thoughts and I definitely need to do that often as I think way too much.

The second thing I would like to accomplish through this blog is to increase my spirituality by putting spiritual thoughts on this blog I find that I am starting to pay more attention to the spiritual things in my life and I would like to keep doing that and increase that content.

Lastly, I would like to share my life, lessons I have learned and how I have grown through my challenges, if for no other reason than to leave something of a legacy for my children but I hope that my experiences and thoughts will helps others along the way as well.

I didn't expect to have growing pains on my blog, but I did and it took several months to work through it and I am sure I will have several more ahead.  I feel like I am entering a new phase in my life.  I had my years of therapy, anxiety and depression which feel like the worst of those years are behind me (one can always hope) and it is time to live what I have learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!