Thursday, January 17, 2013

Just One Word

I have been in a funk the last few days and extremely tired the last few weeks and I keep wondering what is going on.  Is it the darkness of winter that is getting to me, is it all the holiday craziness or maybe the new addition to the family (even though extremely enjoyable, it has been emotional).  I know I haven't been doing much of my Breathe Strategies and I especially keep thinking about "E is for Energize" and that I haven't been doing energizing activities.  Well, I may never know what is draining me, but I do know that I need to do something about it, but I just haven't had the motivation or idea of what to do.

Then yesterday when I was reading my friend Haunani's blog (see "Stuff I Love" in my blog list) and she was talking about her one word for this year which is Launch.  She was talking about exactly how I was feeling and I started to wonder what would be my one word for this year.  I am not sure what I would pick for the whole year, but I did think about what I would pick as my one word for this week at least and that would be "first."

In the past I have used this scripture to guide me on what to do first:

But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.  3 Nephi 13:33

I felt like if I read my scriptures first, then everything else in my day would go well.  I have been struggling with how to have my day flow for a really, really long time.  I've tried exercising while reading my scriptures first, I've tried reading my scriptures and journaling first, I've tried doing my chores first and so on.  In the end I feel like I can't get my day flowing and the worst part is when I end up on the couch and I find myself there all day long.

So as I thought about "first" I decided that it is not only what I do first, but where I am first too.  So this morning I decided it is important for me to be in an energizing space first which is my scrapbook room.  I find when I am in there I become energized even if I start off just dragging.  For my birthday a few months ago I got this beautiful chair to put in there so that I could just sit and be comfy if I need to (versus the couch) and I find that even if I sit there for a long time, eventually I see something else I want to do in the room and before long the energy is flowing and I didn't even notice that I got moving.

I am not sure if "first" will become my word for the year, but it is definitely the word I am going to focus on for the next week.  I will go into my scrapbook room first and see what flows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!