Thursday, October 18, 2012

Weight Loss - 365 Day Project

Well, I have posted anything for awhile on my weight loss, pretty much because there hasn't been any.  I am starting a new 365 Day Project which I have a blog for (renaemcbarron365.blogspot.com) and this is the post that I did on it today:


For the last few weeks knowing that my "Makes Me Smile" 365 day project was coming to a close I have wondered if I wanted to do another one. I had many ideas bouncing around in my head of what I could do, but then a few days ago I remembered why I started this project in the first place. I have been dealing with anxiety and depression and thought that focusing on something happy each day would help with that. I had started the project to help myself improve emotionally. As I thought about that I decided to continue with this daily project but to focus on something else I need to work on. I have spent that last 5 years in therapy working through some emotional issues that were connected to the anxiety and depression. I have to admit that emotionally I do feel like a new person. During this intense focus on my mental well being I have let go of my physical well being. I thought that since I had spent this last year on the inside that it might be a good idea to spend the next year on the outside, so here is my three fold plan:

  1. I asked my doctor for tips on losing weight and she said that she believes that the number one thing for her is to have a food journal. Well, I have one and I do it hit and miss so this step is going to be about trying to use it daily. I have the Fitness Pal app on my ipad and my phone so I have no excuse to log in my food and exercise there. I have used the plate method for my food and lost weight before so I will use this again for my food plan. I need to make sure I drink a lot of water and get my exercise in every day and I will be able to record both on Fitness Pal.
  2. I have recently found a few products that I just love, so much so that I signed up to be a distributor. The It Works! products that I love the most are the Defining Gel, Wraps and Fat Fighters. These products help tone, firm and tighten the skin and the amazing results I have had with the Defining Gel alone on the cellulite blows me away. This step will be all about toning and tightening as I lose weight.
  3. I am also a distributor for Close to my Heart which is a company that sells stamping and scrapbooking supplies. A few months ago we had our annual convention and I went for the first time in a really long time. I loved it all, but there was one comment by one of the presenters, Stacy Julian, that I keep finding myself saying which is "cute matters." Cute definitely matters in crafting, but I have come to realize that cute matters in how you feel about yourself too. My plan with this step is to not just throw on sweats every day like I have been, but to really make an effort to make myself feel cute.
Well, that's my plan in a nutshell. I have been focusing on learning how to love myself despite the outside, but that shouldn't mean that I ignore the outside. One of my most favorite sayings is from Jeannette Lynton who is the President and CEO of Close to my Heart that she said at one of our conventions, she said, "if you want a beautiful life, make every square inch of it beautiful." So as I have been on my journey to making my inside beautiful, I think it is time to make the outside beautiful too. I am not totally sure what kind of pictures I will take, but I am hoping to show the positive side of this journey, notice any little bit of progress and I start tomorrow on my 49th Birthday, so watch out 50 next year I should have every inch of my world beautiful!

I am curious as to how it will turn out and if you are too, click on the link above.  It should be an interesting journey.

2 comments:

  1. My diet plans usually fails coz it's really hard for me to keep up with it. I'm interested in those products you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
    cut the fat podcast

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!