Sunday, October 14, 2012

Give Him Everything

Instead of a never-satisfied God shaking His finger at my selfishness, I felt God reaching out His hand to me, asking me to give Him everything - my children, my parents, my worries - and to trust that He would both give me back the portion that would be for my blessing and tenderly care for the rest.  I realized that when we hold back the portion that would be for my blessing and tenderly care for the rest.  I realized that when we hold back from God, something in us will start to die.  We do not just struggle to give Him our assets; we also struggle to give Him our deficits.  His request that we give Him everything - holding nothing back - can be a great blessing.

                                                      from the book Forgiving Ourselves, by Wendy Ulrich

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading a book about this very thing. Thanks for the beautiful quote.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!